Go Back   Travel Forum, Travel Forum Tour Adventure, Watch Travel Videos Online > Travel Stories, Guides, Topics and Outdoor Adventure Conversations > Traveling with Pets
Login | Register

Old 02-23-2007, 07:00 PM

Default Great Tahoe Beach

I love getting some quality lake time on a road trip. It's a chance to peel my nose off the back window, get some fresh air and hit the water. The beach (I call it "Jack's Landing") at Carnelian Bay, CA on Lake Tahoe is among the finest I've come across. Of course, I've never seen a beach I didn't like. But this one is special. The water is crystal clear. The shore and lake bottom are gravel which my pack appreciates. They seem to have this thing about getting sand all over the car. The only downside for me was the absence of dead fish and other interesting organic matter to roll in. But the pack seemed to appreciate that too. So if you find yourself anywhere near Lake Tahoe, head up the north shore to Carnelian Bay (latitude 39.226044, longitude -120.079611 for those with GPS collars) and take the plunge. Happy Trails.
Attached Images

Old 02-27-2007, 01:13 PM
JimW

Default Very nice - Thanks for Sharing!

Wow, that looks like a really great beach for you and your dog buddies to hang out at. I bet that water is awfully cold though

Cheers,

Jim
Old 03-08-2007, 11:21 AM

Default Test

Way cool beach, Jack!